FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I donate to Ponderosa Center?
- Ponderosa Center is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.
- Tax-deductible donations may be made to Ponderosa Center, Inc. at any time.
- Donations of stock and other financial instruments are also accepted.
- Request a donor commitment form today! Naming opportunities are available.
Click here to learn more or donate today! www.ponderosacenter.org/get-involved/
Will Ponderosa Center change the small-town feel of McCall?
- The Ponderosa Center will not impact the small town charm, historic buildings, and unparalleled scenic beauty.
- Recent aspirations by outside entities highlight the need to come together as a community to decide our own future.
- The future and direction of the West Central Mountains could be less desirable without thoughtful input from our community.
- We believe it is better to direct the growth to something that will benefit the community.
- A central gathering place is a vital piece of the puzzle for the community.
- The Ponderosa Center will be a positive addition to our community.
Why does McCall need the Ponderosa Center?
- Ponderosa Center will provide a central gathering place for the community
- The Ponderosa Center will maximize the benefits of arts, education, networking and cultural opportunities through robust, multi-faceted programming and events, contributing to the health and success of our community.
Where will the Ponderosa Center be built?
- The site is private, undeveloped property in the core of downtown McCall at the corner of Railroad Avenue and Pine Street.
- This prized, private view property in downtown McCall, will be utilized for the public’s benefit for generations.
Who will use the Ponderosa Center?
- The Ponderosa Center is a versatile and flexible space that can provide a venue for all types of groups, West Central Mountain residents, and visitors.
What is the estimated cost of the project?
- The Board of Directors and Campaign Cabinet have set internal fundraising goals to reach our Capital Campaign goal of $20M
Is the Ponderosa Center financially sustainable?
- A non-profit business model with a focus on cross-subsidization and economy of scale will be employed to create a viable entity.
- On going philanthropy from the community and sponsorship from industry will be an integral part of the center’s successful future.
What will Ponderosa Center look like?
- We don’t know! Right now, function is the focus. What’s the best serves the West Central Mountains’ community?
- The design will reflect the community’s style and will be within all code guidelines provided by McCall Planning and Zoning.
- The building will aim to both, take advantage of and preserve the view of the lake for the community to enjoy.
How will parking for the venue be handled?
- Transportation and parking are being addressed community wide by the City of McCall.
- There are 145 public parking spaces within one block from the Center.
Are there be enough hotel rooms in McCall to house a large number of visitors?
- According to the McCall Area Chamber of Commerce there are presently 460 hotel rooms, 344 vacation rentals for a total of 4,429 “pillows.”
Who will manage Ponderosa Center?
- The Ponderosa Center Board of Directors serves as the governing body to the non-profit organization.
- Day to day operations and vital services will be provided by full time, on-site positions and contracted vendors as needed.
Still have more questions?
- Call us! (208) 271-1185
- Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to get a coffee and chat? We look forward to the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the Ponderosa Center.