Ponderosa Center is seeking a talented and motivated Event Coordinator for a seasonal position from May 2022 – October 2022.
Event Coordinator Job Description
Pay: $20-25 per hour (DOE)
The Event Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to proactively ensure a positive guest experience while responding to any concerns that may arise during private events. The ideal candidate is an organized, detail-oriented team member with excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively coordinating details of numerous customers and events simultaneously.
- Develops and maintains close working relationship with Development Director and Board Members.
- Works independently to coordinate, manage and successfully execute assigned event tasks.
- Effectively communicating with suppliers to ensure that the event logistics and flow exceed Client’s expectations.
- Identify opportunities for changes/improvements for internal review and document best practices associated with area(s) of responsibility
- Performs other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Additional duties and tasks will include:
- Assist Development Director to execute advertising plans and operational functions to company standards.
- Participate in product/service knowledge training provided to on-site events on behalf of the Ponderosa Center.
- Ensure high level of customer service.
- Assist the Development Director with event management as needed. Including but not limited to liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Actively sell available packages.
- Monitor day to day activities and productivity and conduct final venue inspections before and after each event.
- Monitor quality and consistency of displays and venue cleanliness.
- Proven ability to meet goals on time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport with customers, community, and stakeholders.
- Clear interpersonal communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to quickly adapt in a dynamic workplace environment.
- Service oriented mindset
- At least one year of relevant previous experience is required.
- Represents themselves and Ponderosa Center with the highest level of integrity and professionalism, including a presentable and polished image.
- Customer-focused with a team player mentality.
- Flexible Scheduling availability – some weekends and evenings will be required.
- Effectively communicate with multiple customers and vendors daily.
- Bachelor’s Degree or work-related experience equivalent to job description.
- Customer Service Experience 2 years minimum
- Event coordination experience 1 year minimum
Work Environment Conditions
This position requires hours that may regularly exceed 8 hours per day and, on occasion, 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work are regularly required to meet event management requirements and onsite breaks may be inconsistent due to the nature of an event. The person fulfilling this position may encounter pressures in balancing several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines. Employees filling this position must have the ability to stand for extended periods and to partake in various indoor and outdoor activities associated with event planning and management. Ability to operate necessary technologies (i.e. computers, smartphones, radios, etc..) Physical capability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Exposure to elements (sun, wind, rain) is to be expected.
McCall’s Ponderosa Center will afford us the benefits associated with a home for Performing Arts, Education, and Community Engagement, year-round. See ponderosacenter.org for additional information.
Mission: To connect and inspire people through the building of a versatile lakeside venue that creates new opportunities for community engagement, entertainment, and success.
Values: Continuous learning, exploration, adventure, and appreciation for all in the pursuit of excellence.
Applications will be accepted until May 15, 2022 or job fulfillment. Please email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Hayley Johnson at email@example.com.